As an undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Spanish at Tulane University, I am seeking a full-time job related to my field(s) of study upon my graduation in May of 2022. Throughout my career in campaign management and fighting social justice causes, I have established a track record of success by leveraging a collaborative work style to accomplish all short- and long-range objectives. An engaging and articulate communicator, I am able to clearly convey complex information and build consensus with key stakeholders, including prominent political leaders. Furthermore, my focus on remaining at the forefront of the Government and Nonprofit industries enables me to drive innovation and maintain a competitive advantage.
With additional skills in constituency outreach, non-profit volunteering, policy research, and social media campaigns, I greatly look forward to meeting with you to discuss this position in detail. Should you need further information, I am available by phone or email at your convenience.
Field Organizer, Grassroots Political Campaign
Aug 2021 - Nov 2021
New Orleans City Council At-Large Campaign
- Played a key role on a Campaign Field Organizing team for 15-20 hours a week, leading and mobilizing more than 50 paid campaign interns and over 200 volunteers months prior to election day
- Drilled campaign interns and volunteers on the proper methods of engaging in multiple direct forms of voter contact, involving phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, and disseminating precise voting data.
- Oversaw the canvassing of more than 500 potential voters across several New Orleans communities through in-person door knocking 3-5 days weekly.
- Employed several social media platforms to actively recruit 15+ experienced campaign interns in under two weeks prior to election day.
Social Justice & Policy Research Intern
Jun 2021 - Aug 2021
Rise Against Hate, a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit
● Diligently researched social justice topics like racial injustice, civil rights, and systemic inequality for 25+ hours every week.
● Successfully published a peer-reviewed group research study "Greener Alternatives in Policing: The Environmental and Financial
● Benefits of Implementing a Low-Emission Vehicle Fleet in U.S. Police Departments."
● Strategically created and placed social media posts, infographics, and online marketing graphics with the Canva tool, dramatically
increasing online public engagement with the nonprofit organization's Facebook and Instagram pages.
● Obtained broad expertise and understanding of the nonprofit grant application process.
Director of Academic Excellence, Director of Administration, Chapter Recording Secretary
Jan 2019 - Jan 2021
Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority, Beta Omicron Chapter
● Completed multiple tasks as the Chapter Recording Secretary over a period of 1 year and 4 months, including careful documentation of meeting minutes during regular chapter meetings.
● Streamlined and coordinated the attendance of over 250 chapter members multiple times a week for 12 months during sorority-associated functions as the Chapter Director of Administration, boosting average chapter meeting attendance threefold in less than two months.
● Championed scholarship efforts for chapter members as Director of Academic Excellence through chapter-specific academic programming that aimed to provide chapter members with resources that supported and enhanced their scholarship and academic success.
● Partnered with individual chapter members struggling academically and acted as a peer mentor that worked with them to develop individualized academic progress plans, raising members' cumulative GPAs and overall academic success over the course of a semester.
District Office Intern, U.S. House of Representatives,
Jun 2020 - Aug 2020
Office of Representative Sharice L. Davids (KS-03)
- Interacted with the internship team to expedite all researching, drafting, and the formal presentation of a House Resolution proposal acknowledging disproportionate violence rates toward transgender women of color in the U.S.
- Crafted comprehensive policy memos paraphrasing portions of legislation and delivered to the Congresswoman's legislative personnel.
- Liaised with constituents responding to their inquiries on the federal government and documented their feedback related to legislation, current events, and additional district concerns.
- Recorded all constituent correspondence and issues on Intranet Quorum to safeguard the on-time distribution of response letters from the Congresswoman.
Project Supervisor: Palmares Province, Costa Rica
Jun 2019 - Aug 2019
Amigos de las Américas; a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit
- Coached and managed a team of 10 teenaged volunteers and drove their overall growth as progressive youth leaders focusing on community development endeavors and cross-cultural exchange.
- Built and nurtured professional, collaborative relationships with Costa Rican partner agencies and local community members in Costa Rica via effective cross-cultural collaboration, youth empowerment initiatives, and diversity.
- Tracked and immediately replied to all concerns associated with the individual mental and physical health, and general safety of 10 program volunteers while residing with host families in rural Costa Rican areas.
- Managed the project's social media accounts for 3 months and gained 300+ followers by sharing daily photo updates and informational posts.
Bachelor of Arts, Major: Political Science, Minor: Spanish
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Tulane University, School of Liberal Arts